The photo is extra small – it gives you just an idea of what you will knit but (hopefully ;-)) don’t spoil the surprise.
I opened a group unikatissima at ravelry where you can discuss this pattern and my other patterns, too.
You can register at ravelry with your username and a valid email address only, with all other information about you it’s up to you whether you give them (at least it was like this when I registered ;-)).
About the pattern:
- The pattern is a
- multiple of 16 + 2 stitches,
- needs at least 2 edge stitches extra and
- the whole length are 550 rows.
- For my shawl I knitted
- 3x the pattern repeat (i.e. 50 sts) with
- about 505 m sock’s wool (meant for needles of 2,5 – 3 mm) (ca. 120 g of wool) with
- needles of 4,5 mm and
- got a shawl of appr. 30 x 180 cm.
But the size always depends on your gauge and also on the way you knit
– I’m always knitting very loosely.
unikatissima’s lace knitter’s advent calendar 2010 is finished now, but the shawl is still most beautiful ;-))
Therefore you can get the whole pattern in just one file here at ravelry:
Lace Christmas Rose (PDF ~919 KB)