I found an instruction on how to make glass table lights with translucent mosaic. They are made in an interesting and easy way with Window Colours*, but of course you can do this with translucent polymer clay as well.
* Window Colours are those glass paints that come in plastic bottles and can be used on acetate, I don’t know the exact English name.
That’s how they do it:
(see images on instruction site for better understanding)
- You make from the glass paint a layer of about 1 mm on plastic foil and let it dry thoroughly.
- When dry and not sticky anymore (after about 3 days), you cut it in mosaic pieces.
- You can glue now the pieces on glass (with Modpodge e.g.).
- Fill the little gaps between the mosaic tile with tile filler (follow the instructions).
- Afterwards you can cover your glass with varnish to make it shine.
One day then… Sigh.
Mosaik mit WindowColour (German)