I once wrote a tutorial for a crochet spiral and I find such a Granny Square Spiral also great :)
- The video is in German, so here some explanations that may help:
- For the parts that get broader/smaller she’s using sequences of single crochets (“feste Masche”), half double crochets (“halbe Stäbchen”) and double crochets (“Stäbchen”), she ends every colour with a slip stitch (“Kettmasche”).
- At some points she’s crocheting more than one stitch in one stitch.
- After the Granny Square is actually finished, she adds a round of single crochets in the last colour to make the border more beautiful.
- The Granny Square spiral can always be made larger by crocheting more rounds.
Häkeln: Granny Square Spirale * Granny Square mit Ringelpietz (German)
English Wikipedia entry for ‘Granny Square’
- If you click the stitch names here, you can see how these stitches are worked:
- Slip stitch (sl st)
- Single crochet (sc)
- Half Double Crochet (hdc)
- Double crochet (dc)
Here at unikatissima: