unikatissima’s Lace Ilex
On this page: Introduction | About the pattern | About the finished item | Deutsche Version | The daily instructions | More pictures
This year you can knit on the 24 days of Advent a scarf shawl that is symmetrically patterned in length and width.
If you look carefully you can see that the medaillons have different patterned center patterns that I arranged symmetrically.
The shawl has a zigzag seed stitch border around the whole shawl and a narrow pattern repeat which allows you to knit it as narrow (= scarf) or wide (= shawl) as you like.
You will also be able to adapt the length because there will be a lengthening pattern in the middle to lengthen the shawl should you need to.
And as always: shouldn’t you need a shawl simply make a tablerunner :)
The picture only gives an idea of what you will knit but (hopefully ;-)) not spoil the surprise.(And if you’re curious: there are more pictures ;-))
Note: There is the group unikatissima at ravelry where you can discuss this pattern and my other patterns, too and where you can show us your wip (work in progress).
You can register at ravelry with your username and a valid email address only, with all other information about you it’s up to you whether you give them (at least it was like this when I registered ;-)).
About the pattern:
- The shawl has this year
* a zigzag seed stitch border around the whole shawl (but you only knit in one direction and don’t have to pick-up stitches anywhere) which easily can be blocked to points,
* a 12 stitch pattern repeat to allow you to knit the shawl as wide as you like and
* a lengthening pattern that you can insert in the middle of the shawl several times to adapt the length of the shawl to your liking. The shawl looks best if you knit the lengthening pattern at least once.
- The pattern is
* a multiple of 12 pattern sts + 21 start/end sts + 2 edge sts (sts = stitches),
* the total length with one lengthening pattern are 422 rows and
* the lengthening pattern has 24 rows and will be inserted on day 12.
- If you want to make the shawl
* wider/narrower simply change the number of repeats;
– use a smaller needle size and/or
– finer yarn and/or
– knit tighter;
– knit more than one lengthening pattern on day 12,
– use a larger needle and/or
– thicker yarn and/or
– knit more loose.
About the finished item:
Please don’t forget: the size always depends on your gauge and your way to knit –
I always knit rather loosely.
This year I only managed to knit one scarf shawl.
For the red scarf shawl I
* knitted 2 repeats and
* one lengthening pattern with
* about 250 m/274 yds red DROPS Lace (100 g ca. 800 m/875 yds) with
* 3 mm needles and
* got a scarf shawl of about 18 x 118 cm/7″ x 46″.
I knitted the respective daily pattern parts in about 30 min.
To tell the truth I surely won’t use this delicate and wonderfully soft scarf from 70% alpaca and 30% silk lace yarn as tablerunner but I may knit it again in cotton :)
Du kannst diese Seite auch auf Deutsch lesen.
The daily instructions:
You will find them on the last page of each file.
unikatissima’s lace knitter’s advent calendar 2015 is now Lace Ilex – and still as beautiful as well in fine cotton yarn for summer as in warming wool for winter :)
- Day 1 – 18 rows – PDF ~340 KB
- Day 2 – 18 rows – PDF ~100 KB
- Day 3 – 18 rows – PDF ~100 KB
- Day 4 – 18 rows – PDF ~100 KB
- Day 5 – 18 rows – PDF ~100 KB
- Day 6 – 18 rows – PDF ~100 KB
- Day 7 – 18 rows – PDF ~100 KB
- Day 8 – 18 rows – PDF ~100 KB
- Day 9 – 18 rows – PDF ~100 KB
- Day 10 – 18 rows – PDF ~100 KB
- Day 11 – 18 rows – PDF ~100 KB
- Day 12 – 24 rows – PDF ~420 KB
- Day 13 – 18 rows – PDF ~100 KB
- Day 14 – 18 rows – PDF ~100 KB
- Day 15 – 18 rows – PDF ~100 KB
- Day 16 – 18 rows – PDF ~100 KB
- Day 17 – 16 rows – PDF ~100 KB
- Day 18 – 16 rows – PDF ~100 KB
- Day 19 – 16 rows – PDF ~100 KB
- Day 20 – 16 rows – PDF ~100 KB
- Day 21 – 16 rows – PDF ~100 KB
- Day 22 – 16 rows – PDF ~100 KB
- Day 23 – 16 rows – PDF ~100 KB
- Day 24 – 16 rows – PDF ~100 KB
You can also download the file containing the single medaillons for you to combine – enjoy! :)
complete pattern: single medaillons for you to combine – (PDF ~1920 KB)
If you like Lace Ilex and want to support me you can donate here a sum that you feel appropriate:
(clicking on a picture ‘sends’ you to Lace Ilex at ravelry where the pictures are larger)
8 thoughts on “Lace Knitters Advent Calendar 2015”
your scarf is very nice. I think its pattern is unique . shall have the pattern to knit it ? I can not find it in your above explanation .
thank you for your compliment!
Because this is this year’s Advent calender, from Dec 1, 2015 to Dec 24, 2015 one part of the pattern will be published here on this site every day as the daily instruction.
That is why I wrote: “The titles will link to the pattern file when the right day has come :)”
So, come back here every day from Dec 1, 2015 on and get your daily pattern part and enjoy the Advent time :)
Do you post the daily patterns at the same time each day? If so, what time? Thank you!
yes, they will be posted every day at the same time.
But I don’t know yet at what time they will open, because I don’t know what ‘clock’ the system uses.
I think it will be at midnight here (which seems to be UTC+01:00 (CET)).
I suggest that you come here e.g. every morning your time and I am sure that you will find a new pattern clue :)
Have a nice Advent (knitting) time
Will you post a compacted pattern at the end? I’ve been saving the posts, but it’s going to be a pretty big document at the end. I’d like to have it a bit shorter when all is said and done.
it should have been a surprise, but yes, I will post something like a compacted pattern :)
Have a wonderful Advent time!
Thank you so very much for this pattern. I have enjoyed every day of it. I wish you and all those knitting along the Blessings of this Holiday.
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the knit so much! :)
Have a Merry Christmas :)
Sorry, I can’t express special wishes in English, although I wish them :)
Comments are closed.