unikatissima’s Lace Erica Carnea
On this page: Introduction | About the pattern | About the finished item | How it works | Deutsche Version | The daily instructions | More pictures
The shawl I put this year for you in the Advent calendar is different from the previous ones (which you can find here in the blog or at ravelry): it shows 7 lace patterns looking similar to their counterpart, i.e. the first pattern matches wonderfully the last pattern, the second pattern the last but one, the third the fifth and you can repeat the middle pattern as often as you like to make your very personal Advent calendar shawl as long as you like :)
You can also define the width of your shawl by knitting the repeat of 20 stitches as often as you like.
Again I wish you a relaxed and relaxing Advent knit! :)
The photo gives you an idea about your shawl (hopefully) without spoiling the surprise.
(And if you should be curious: there are more pictures ;-))
Note: at ravelry you can find the group unikatissima where you can discuss this pattern and my other patterns, too and where you can show us your wip (work in progress).
You can register at ravelry with your username and a valid email address only, with all other information about you it’s up to you whether you give them (at least it was like this when I registered ;-)).
About the pattern:
- This year the shawl has
* 7 different consecutive lace patterns which mirror each other harmoniously,
* a 20 stitches repeat which allows you to knit the shawl as wide as you like and
* on day 13 a pattern that you can knit as often as you like to adapt the length of the shawl to your liking.
- The pattern
* is a multiple of 20 pattern stitches + 3 start/end stitches + 2 or more edge stitches, and
* has a total of 386 rows with the day 13 pattern knitted once.
* The day 13 pattern has 28 rows and can be knitted several times if necessary.
* The daily instructions contain each as well charts as written instructions.
- To knit the shawl you need
* yarn with needles in appropriate size
(the shawl looks as beautiful knitted in lace yarn as in fingering or bulkier yarn),
* know-how about knitting yarn overs and different decreases and
* if you like stitch markers to mark the repeats.
- If you want to make the shawl
* broader/narrower simply adjust the number of repeats;
– use smaller needle sizes and/or
– finer yarn and/or
– knit less loose;
– knit the day 13 pattern more than once and/or
– use larger needles and/or
– bulkier yarn and/or
– knit more loose.
About the finished item:
This year I knitted only one shawl.
For my shawl I made/used
* 3 repeats
* with 6 rows in seed stitch at the beginning and end, and
* with 3 stitches in seed stitch at each side, and
* without extra repeats of the day 13 pattern
* with about 142 g or 498 yards/455 m cheeky merino joy from Rosy Green Wool in red (col 058, 100 g have about 350 yards/320 m)
* with US 7/4.5 mm needles to
* a total of 29.110 stitches ;-) and
* got a shawl of about 12″ x 65″ (this are about 30 x 165 cm).
I knitted the daily pattern parts in about 30 min.
Please bear in mind: the size always depends on your gauge and also on the way you knit – I’m always knitting rather loosely.
How it works
You do not have to register or the like for unikatissima’s Lace Knitter’s Advent Calendar 2018: starting with December 1, 2018 every day a ‘little door’ opens and the instructions for the next part will be unlocked.
Well, further down you will find the links to the daily instructions from December 1, 2018 on :) and you only have to come here every day of December and download the instructions of the respective day.
Du kannst diese Seite auch auf Deutsch lesen.
The daily instructions:
You will find them on the last page of the file of day 1 and they apply to the complete Advent calendar.
unikatissima’s Lace Knitter’s Advent Calendar 2018 is called now Lace Erica Carnea –
and it is still as beautiful, no matter if it is made in fine cotton for Summer or warming wool for Winter :)
- Day 1 – 14 rows – PDF ~253 KB
- Day 2 – 14 rows – PDF ~73 KB
- Day 3 – 14 rows – PDF ~73 KB
- Day 4 – 14 rows – PDF ~73 KB
- Day 5 – 14 rows – PDF ~73 KB
- Day 6 – 16 rows – PDF ~73 KB
- Day 7 – 16 rows – PDF ~73 KB
- Day 8 – 16 rows – PDF ~73 KB
- Day 9 – 16 rows – PDF ~73 KB
- Day 10 – 16 rows – PDF ~73 KB
- Day 11 – 16 rows – PDF ~73 KB
- Day 12 – 16 rows – PDF ~73 KB
- Day 13 – 28 rows – PDF ~117 KB
- Day 14 – 16 rows – PDF ~73 KB
- Day 15 – 16 rows – PDF ~73 KB
- Day 16 – 16 rows – PDF ~74 KB
- Day 17 – 16 rows – PDF ~73 KB
- Day 18 – 16 rows – PDF ~73 KB
- Day 19 – 16 rows – PDF ~73 KB
- Day 20 – 16 rows – PDF ~73 KB
- Day 21 – 16 rows – PDF ~73 KB
- Day 22 – 16 rows – PDF ~73 KB
- Day 23 – 16 rows – PDF ~73 KB
- Day 24 – 16 rows – PDF ~73 KB
If you liked unikatissima’s Lace Erica Carnea and want to support me you can donate here a sum that you feel appropriate:
(clicking on a picture will ‘send’ you to Lace Erica Carnea at ravelry where there are larger pictures)
6 thoughts on “Lace Knitter’s Advent Calendar 2018”
Looks really lovely! Thank you! 🤗
Carol, thank you :)
Quiero hacer este chal de adviento porfavor, indiqueme como descargo instrucciones.
Paty, por favor consulta ‘How it works’ (cómo funciona).
Todo esta en ingles o aleman, puedes usar un traductor automatico como Google.
These small knitting increments make any project easy to complete. Thank you
Thank you, Elizabeth :)
Comments are closed.